Most businesses today have shifted from the conventional means of conducting businesses to a more technological approach of IT services in Southern California through cloud computing. Cloud computing is essential if you want to maintain a competitive edge in the market. The following is an insight into what cloud computing is and the numerous benefits it has to offer:
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing is the execution and delivery of computing services such as databases, software, storage, servers, intelligence, analytics, and many others over the internet. The cloud operates on the module of paying only what you are using, thus lowering costs, enabling you to scale up or down and running your infrastructure more efficiently.
Types of Cloud Computing
There are three main types of clouds namely:
- Public Cloud – this type of cloud is owned and operated by a third party. All software, hardware, and other supporting infrastructure are managed by the cloud provider.
- SD-WAN Solution – with a SD-WAN Solution, the cloud computing resources are exclusive to one organization or business on a private network. Sometimes, it can be located on-site or you can pay your provider to host it for you.
- Hybrid – this one combines both public and SD-WAN Solution. Applications and data can be transferred in between, offering more flexibility.
Not one cloud is the same as the other, nor is there anyone that is right for everybody. Consult an IT consulting firm in Southern California to determine the right fit for you.
Types of SD-WAN Solution
Cloud computing services fall under three major categories as seen below.
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) – this one allows you to use infrastructures such as storage, OS, servers, and networks on a pay-as-you-go basis.
- Platform as a Service (PaaS) – this one is mostly used by developers who want an on-demand environment for testing, developing, and managing software applications.
- Software as a Service (SaaS) – with SaaS, you get access to software over the internet on a subscription basis.
Benefits of Cloud Computing
Businesses seeking IT services in Southern California will find cloud computing to be beneficial in a number of ways such as:
- It lowers costs as you will not need to buy hardware and software or incur management costs
- Cloud computing offers better performance than on-site configurations
- It is more reliable and secure
- You can scale up or down as per your business needs
It is time for your business to take advantage of cloud computing and other IT services in Southern California which is less expensive and better than on-premise solutions. Contact us at ecasys Corporation to learn more about cloud computing and begin growing your business today.